SCCS is an OSCR registered charity dedicated to promoting the interests of people in Scotland, who live with or suffer from skin disease or a skin condition of any kind.
We operate as an umbrella group which campaigns, along with patient support groups, to improve provision of care for all who live with skin conditions.
We wish to include the views of every person living in Scotland who lives with, cares for, or cares about skin disease and shares our aim of improving access to the best possible treatment for all those affected.
Full SCCS members include patient groups and individual patients; affiliate members include pharmaceutical industry representatives, GPs, nurses, and dermatologists.
Our offices are based at The Health and Social Care Alliance (The ALLIANCE), Glasgow.
Some of our regular activities
- We are actively involved in the Cross-Party Group on Skin and Associated Rheumatic Conditions
- We engage in Public Consultation about developments affecting services for people with skin disease at both National and Health Board level
- We are the patient voice on the Dermatology Council for Scotland
- We hold regular meetings to discuss key issues which are attended by our representatives from patient groups, individual patients, affiliate members and MSPs
- We make patient submissions to bodies such as Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) in support of important new treatments and Health Improvement Scotland about Standards of Care
- We organise information and educational events on skin disease
What we cannot do
- We cannot give medical advice
- We cannot give advice on specific medical conditions, but we can link you to one of our member organisations. If the condition you are experiencing is not represented there, please contact us with details and we will assist in finding an appropriate organisation
- We cannot recommend skin care products
- We cannot give financial support to assist with managing a skin condition